< Figure above: Activities in Asia University ─ Click to see related news; place on top to see static figure >
(1) Requirements for Language Proficiency:
1. Asia University offers degree programs conducted in either English or Chinese.
2. Applicants selecting programs taught in Chinese must submit Chinese proficiency certificate; whereas English proficiency certificate must be provided if applicants select programs taught in English.
3. Language proficiency is necessary to demonstrate adequate listening, reading, speaking, and writing ability at a certain level for university academic pursuit.
4. A minimum score of paper-based TOEFL 450 or equivalent is required; whereas HSK Level 6 or equivalent is the minimum level in Chinese proficiency.
5. An exemption for English proficiency certificate may be granted if applicants have earned a diploma or degree in an English-speaking country.
6. Applicants who have received admission should submit one copy of their diploma and transcript verified (with official stamp/seal) by Taiwan Embassy, Consulate, or Taipei Economic & Culture Office (TECO) located in the country in which applicants reside.
(2) Requirements for Graduate Students:
1. Two application forms attached with a 2-inch recent photo.
2. One copy of the highest-level diploma (enclosed with a Chinese or an English translation of the diploma).
3. One official transcript (in English or Chinese) from the school you have attended.
4. Two letters of recommendation.
5. One study plan.
6. One health certificate issued within the last six months (attached HIV certification).
7. One copy of passport.
8. An original bank statement issued within six months clearly stating a balance.
9. The receipt of application fee US$20.
10. English or Chinese proficiency certificate. New foreign students may come here to take free Mandarin classes in Asia University before the beginning of each fall semester.
(3) Requirements for Undergraduate Students:
Besides the above 10 requirements for the master and Ph. D. students, foreign students who wish to enter the undergraduate programs in Asia University are suggested to have a certain degree of proficiency in Mandarin (Chinese), including speaking and listening capabilities, because most of the undergraduate courses are taught in Mandarin.